segunda-feira, agosto 30, 2010

Recipe of the day- menu of the week

Yesterday, I decided to arrange a menu for the whole week, so this morning I went to Miranda and bought all the ingredients I needed. I bought a lot of spices, some creams and mushrooms and nice meat and fish. Since I'm a newby in the cooking arena, I am mostly sticking to the recipe. Today, everything went well. I made Fettuccine with chicken and mushrooms sauce. My family loved it. I will post the recipe here. Maybe I can cook that for you one day, even if you don't like meat...

Here's the recipe:

FETTUCCINE WITH CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM SAUCE

-5 chicken breasts
-250 gr of laminated mushrooms
-50 gr of butter
-4 soup spoons of brandy
-2 dl of creams
-200 gr of fettucine
-2 onions
-salt, pepper, spices, oil


Put salt and a pint of olive oil in a pan and boil the fettuccine for 12 minutes. When it is done, take it out and let it rest.

Prepare the chicken by chopping it in small pieces. In a pan add the butter and the oil and join the small chicken pieces until they are really tender and with a nice golden colour. Take it out and let it rest.

Chop off the onions and the mushrooms and put them in the pan where the chicken has been cooked. Let it get golden and join the mushrooms. Let it cook for 12 minutes. After that join the chicken and mix it all very well. Let it cook for 2 minutes.

Finally add the creams, the brandy and the seasoning as you like it. Stir and pour it on the fettuccine.

It's best served with some parsley as decoration.

Bon appetit.







1 comentário:

Anónimo disse...

Looks so yummy! I can't wait till you make this for me and we eat together :)

kisss
RRC